http://goo.gl/ddWbJ takes you to the PDF of this term’s closing Newsletter. You can see all sorts of interesting features I am trying to develop – QR codes taking you to a Google.doc version which can expand as the News grow within each section of the Newsletter.
OK, OK, I might be trying a bit hard, but as I am off with Mr Robson to the Google Teacher Academy in Wednesday, please be proud for our school to have 2 of us recognised for the contribution Google feel we are making to the world of digital learning. This is what we are allowed to say about those 50 they have chosen from umpteen countries for this year’s event:
“How are GTA participants selected?
We look for these critical components:
- Demonstrated experience leading professional development
- Ability to reach large numbers of educators
- Demonstrated experience in using technology in the classroom
- A desire to collaborate with like-minded educators
- A passion for teaching and students
- The ability to overcome obstacles and solve problems; “Do-ers”
- A personal spark and a passion for innovation
In addition, we try to select participants from a wide geographical area, from different schools/districts, and different roles/specialties.
Well the good news we are only 36 hours away from finding out, and I am really excited. There is a wall of work after the event to ensure certification follows, but I feel sure we can accomplish those demands to ensure 2 of CCS educators qualify as Google Certified Teachers!
Wish us luck!